IWLT Rice Oil Foam Cleanser
- IWLT Oil Foam Cleanser is suitable for all skin types.
- Suitable for day/night use.
- 1 bottle can last about 4 to 6 weeks if used daily.
GENTLE yet EFFECTIVE IWLT Rice Oil Foam Cleanser
Why is cleansing important?
Many Korean ladies are obsessed with flawless skin. To achieve it, a common sense we broadly share in Korea is the importance of right cleansing. In Korea, there is a word “Removing makeup before bed is more important than wearing nice make-up.” As most makeup is made of oily substances, when it stays on for the next day, it clogs your pores and leads to the appearance of more acne and blackhead breakouts. That's why it is important to cleanse it right before going to bed, and then moisturising your face to help your skin breathe right. I would say together with wearing sunblock everyday, removing makeup every night diligently is another most critical beauty habit you need to build.
One thing I sensed new trend change in Korea was before Korean ladies used to want to find strong cleanser and believed that squeaky feeling after washing is proof of “well cleansed.” But now we understand your squeaky feeling (or for me rather a sensitive, tight, and dry feeling) was your acid mantle being stripped and knocked out of balance. So gentle (pH balanced) cleansing is a big trend now.
This protective acid mantle is also referred to as the hydro-lipid film, a protective slightly acidic film that sits on the skin surface, acting as the interface between you and the world. This mantle discouraged the growth of fungi and bacteria. It was also discovered that chronic alkalisation can knock this acid mantle out of balance, which can lead to inflammation, dermatitis and atopic skin diseases.
pH is measured from one upwards, with one being highly acidic and 14 being highly alkaline, and a pH of 7 is neutral. The optimal pH of human skin is 4.7- 5.75, which is slightly acidic. Skin pH level is highly related to condition of skin and skin protection layer.
If your skin is fairly acidic, it helps ward off the advances of harmful bacteria and fungi. Germ and Bacteria can’t grow under pH 6.
If your skin is closer to alkaline, your skin can be easily damaged, and get trouble easily, as germ bacteria and fungi can easily grow.
IWLT Rice Cleansers are slightly acidic, which will help you to restore your skin's pH balance.
So when I wanted to introduce cleanser I actually tried 4 different ones from different brands. Yes I have tested out on myself. Since my skin is quite sensitive (if you have seen my IG live or story you will remember!) I believe I am very good QC tester because of my sensitive skin.
And this is another reason I just don’t introduce all IWLT products at one time. I want to make sure that each product is actually individually ok, compared to good ones in market. So when I tested out and compared, my criteria was gentle(pH balanced)/Moisturising/Effective! And happily both IWLT cleansers passed it! Unlike other gentle cleansers that I have used, both IWLT cleansers were still effective. Play below video to see how cleansing water removes water proof eyeliner and lipstick on my cheek!
GENTLE/ MOISTURIZING/ EFFECTIVE
And check out raved reviews from our 12 consumer testers below too! You can tell they really enjoy using them.
Check out their latest Irritation Test by Korea Institute of Dermatological Sciences. Both Cleansers results were 0 irritation. (33 testers/ 1 month usage)
- Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil - Provides nutrition to skin and improves skin elasticity
- Spirulina-Platensis - Gently removes impurities in skin and is suitable for all skin types
- Mari Anti Toxin - Purifies skin with Alginic acid, which absorbs heavy metal impurities very well. It can enhance skin protection power too.
How to use:
For Night Cleansing, use Cleansing Water first to remove makeup, followed by Oil Foam Cleanser.
For morning Cleansing, I only use Oil Foam cleanser.
- Oil Foam Cleanser
- Shake well before usage, so that 2 layers can be mixed well.
- Pump 1 ~ 2 times and massage your face gently
- Wash off your face with warm water.
- People who are looking for healthy and less irritated cleanser
- People who have super sensitive skin
- People who like double cleansing
- People who think moisturising after cleansing is important
- People who like PH balanced cleanser
- Wash your hands first! If you don’t wash your hands first, impurities on your hand will transfer to your face and the cleansing power will be weakened.
- Make sure to use enough amount! If you don’t use enough cleansing water, rubbing with cotton pad can be another stress on your skin. It is up to each person, but I pump 4 times of cleansing water and 2 times of Oil Foam cleanser usually.
- Finish with cold water! When you wash your face, you can use warm water (not hot water!) but when you finish, just use cold water to tighten your pores.
- 3 sec moisturising after wash! Right after washing, don’t wait too long to apply your toner!
*This product is safe for both pregnant and breastfeeding ladies usage. However, as it is a sensitive period, we would still recommend you to check with your doctor before purchasing.
Ingredients List: Water, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Lauryl Betaine, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Sodium Chloride, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf Extract, Enteromorpha Compressa Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hydroxyacetophenone, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Trisodium EDTA, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Citrate.
Oil Foam 150ml - 19 November 2023
Mini Oil Foam - 15 May 2022
Mini Cleansing Water - 22 May 2022
Best Recommended with IWLT Rice Cleansing Water: LINK